Thursday, May 26, 2011

Skype + Daily 5 = Awesome!

Last week we used Skype again during Daily 5 for Listen to Reading with our buddies in Morris. It is incredible to me how quickly our 21st Century Learners/Digital Natives pick up these tools and use them independently. Sometimes with our network we have technical difficulties and I have an entire team of "technicians" ready to help or at least "suggest" what I am doing wrong! Ms. Martens and I get the call going and say hello, and usually some stories are shared between the classes. Then, the buddies that are reading to each other take it away, one after the other. It is awesome to me to see our classroom walls turning into windows.
The story that Carl from Ms. Martens class shared with us was very interesting!
May 18 - I went fishing in the ditch with my dad. There are fish in the ditch because of the flood. I caught three fish. One of them was huge. - Carl
I suggested that Carl should go with his dad to each of the ditches to save all the stranded fish! He didn't think that was such a great idea. We are happy for our Morris friends that they didn't have to leave their homes and that the flood water has receded for this year.
- Mrs. Dent Scarcello :)
Keanna was one of our readers, here with Sjusen in Morris.

No comments: